Norwood Foundry Limited 's early production was the making of replacement stove castings. Over the years the company has developed its own line of municipal construction castings as well as the capacity to produce a wide range of custom castings for many customers in the oil/gas, agricultural, tool manufacturing, OE, electrical, industrial, furniture, ornamental and urban accessory industries.
A stringent control system assures our customers the equipment, processes and methods used for casting parts are closely monitored in each step. Constant implementation and upgrading or our process and statistical controls ensure castings are true-to-pattern and dimensionally accurate. This guarantees a casting with the properties and dimensions that make it right for its intended use.
Our commitment to quality is reflected in our metallurgical laboratory. A modern spectrometer gives us a rapid, accurate chemical analysis of the metals we cast. This rigid control of metal chemistry, supplemented by physical testing and microscopic examination, results in tight control of the mechanical, physical and engineering properties of every casting we pour.
We are committed to quality checks at critical steps in the manufacturing process. Using modern equipment and procedures, including, tensile testing, hardness testing, chemical analysis, microscopic examination and dimensional checks, we ensure the most exacting specifications will be met.
Molding & Cores
- 16" x 20" B&P Automatic molding machine
- Jolt Squeeze Snap molding machine for green sand molding and various sized snap flasks
- Dependable Pacesetter TS500 No Bake mixer
- Palmer M200 No Bake mixer
- Palmer V6000 Compaction Table
- Palmer V200 Compaction Table
- Palmer 8' Rotary Turntable
- Palmer 4000 lb. Powered Mold Handler
- Quiptec 2000 lb. Mold Handler
- 2 Cooper Chapman Shell core Machines with 22" x 28" plates
Melting & Pouring
- Melting & Pouring – 2 - 3000 lb & 1- 1000 lb Inductotherm Furnaces
- Cast Iron to 7000 lbs
- Ductile Iron to 3000 lbs
- Hi Chrome to 3000 lbs
- Ni Hard to 3000lbs
- Niresist (D2B) to 3000 lbs
- Grinding Room – The Grinding Room can handle castings from 0.5 lb to 6000 lbs. It is setup with 8 grinding stalls, dual 24” pedistol grinding stations & 2 swing grinder stations.
Services: Include stress relieving, annealing, normalizing, x-ray, ultrasonic, photomicroscopy and painting.
Norwood Foundry also has a fully equipped Pattern Shop . This shop is used for pattern repair.
(Go back to top)